export parts list FROM DRAFT to excel?

I'm needing to export my parts list from the assembly draft to an excel or really any text based document. It's important that I get the info from the drafts bom because using reports doesn't cut it for it doesn't have the options that I need. For instance, no sheet metal gage. I need the sheet metal gage in the final excel file. Anyone help?

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"
4 REPLIES

Re: export parts list FROM DRAFT to excel?

[ Edited ]

I attached an example draft file. If you use the excel table for steel gages and leave it linked to the sheet metal parts, then you can get the gage on the parts list. There is a cost to this. If the excel table is updated, then some times I have to go in an re-associate the sheet parts to the gage table. When doing this, it's a very slow because the program takes a while to sort through the gages.

In general, keep the fewest possible listing in the excel table.

I specify the gage, material, and machine to be used during bending as the gage title. Each machine has it's own bend radius for each material and gage.

Hi there @nominus38,

It's pretty easy....once you have your BOM configured how you want it, simply right click on it, and select "Copy Contents", then paste that into your Excel document.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

I feel like such an idiot now. Thanks dude, I knew there was a way to do this.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

[ Edited ]

Don't feel bad. I have to ask relatively simple questions often because I work by my self. Nobody to talk things through with. This is why I'm active on this forum.