fill text with background color

Legend
Legend

This is just a little annoyance that I thought I'd get off my chest. Maybe I'm not aware of an easier way to make dimension text filled with background color so it shows up clearer in a busy area of a drawing.

I find it annoying to right click, properties, text, and check fill text with background color (4 clicks to accomplish one task) of a dimension. Maybe there's a way to get a quick button on the ribbon bar?

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.
5 REPLIES

Re: fill text with background color

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You could create a dim style with that turned on. It's easy to change the dimension style on command bar or whatever it's called.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Legend
Legend

That's a good idea, can you give me a quick guide to create a dimension style? I have a couple loaded in my settings, but never done one myself..............

EDIT: I did a search and fingered it out. Thanks for the AWESOME suggestion to save me steps!

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Phenom
Phenom

The best way I think is to set the background of all dimensions in the template files with the white color...

Yasser

dimensionbackground_white.JPG

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Here's a video. I'm not sure how to change the background color but I'm sure you know.

Edit: I messed up at the end but you should get the idea.

Bruce Shand

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

We set our templates with that turned on. For a while. We found that in most cases it's not desirable so we turned it off again and just use a specific style when it's wanted.

Bruce Shand