frame environment into an assembly

I'm working with some tubing layouts via the frame environment, and having an issue, or doing something wrong. I've created a "master" assembly with some tubing, and when I copy that assembly, it doesn't like to work, and I can't even open it unless I restart. I also can't pull that assembly into another assembly.

I'm fairly green when it comes to the frame environment, but I've been able to create a starting point to use more often now. I was hoping to take this master/starter assembly, and drop into my upper level project and make adjustments to the tubing as needed. Is this not something that frame envorinment works well with?. Maybe it helps if I delete the tube components, and just leave my sketches?

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.
4 REPLIES

Re: frame environment into an assembly

I discovered if I used Revision Manager, and copied the assembly with frame environment, it would at least open. I then have taken that assembly, and dropped an assembly into it, and things are working. Just odd, you can't bring an assembly with frame into another assembly. Or, I was doing something wrong.............

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

I haven't used frames in a while but when I did any frame assembly could be inserted into other assemblies. An .asm should be an .asm no matter how it's created.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP6 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi there,

We manufacture a line of 2 & 3 horse trailer chassis' that are constructed from various modular sub-assemblies all of which are largely made up using the frame environment in them. We see no issues with assembling these frames between the various shared instances of the main assemblies.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hmm, now I am determined to find out what I'm doing wrong. I've got a couple weeks before I'll work with this again, and I'll try documenting my steps in case I have more questions.

Thanks for the replies!

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.