Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graphics problem?

Builder
Builder

So I've had this issue before in the past 3 years, but never been big enough of a problem to cause me much worry. This time it is my whole frame build. I get an entire assembly built, then open it later, and when zoomed out, the frame components are out of place. But as I zoom in they go back into the correct location. See video. I don't believe this happened while using ST9 for the last year and a half. I just upgraded to ST10 last month. I'm pretty sure it's a graphics issue but I don't know where to look to fix it (without paying the IT people). 

@hawcad : I followed your previous post and changed Options to Graphic Card Driven and slid the Glow bar to the left, restarted SE but didn't help.

I'm using Windows 7, NVIDIA 368.86 Quadro 600

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks, 

Michele

12 REPLIES 12

Betreff: graphics problem?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @michele

I remember, that I have seen this behaviour in the past too.

But don't ask me in a rush what we have done to fix it.

What would help a lot is to know, which Solid Edge Version and Maintenance Pack You are using.

Is there a newer graphics driver available for taht card?

BTW, the Quadro 600 is not the best card You can have for CAD, isn't it?

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder

I just installed ST10 with MP5 last month.

Hi @michele

so regardless of the problem I would suggest to install MP6 from Monday anyway.

MP4 and MP5 were withdrawn from GTAC server due to the problems they have.

But they might not be the reason for the graphics problem.

After MP6I would test one of the recommended drivers for the Quadro

See list by Laura under

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Intelisketch-Symbols-not-appearing/...

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder

Thank you for the list link. That is helpful to know. I really appreciate your quick responses also. Robot Very Happy

regards,

Michele

ST10 MP5 (soon to be MP6)

Hi @michele

changing the graphics driver will not necessarelly solve Your problem, but I hope it will do it for You. 

Keep us informed, so that Your solution can help others again.

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder

@hawcad

Yeah, so I just really expected the updated driver to work. It didn't.

And now my computer isn't allowing the MP5 to be Uninstalled. "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." Not sure what that means. So looks like I will have to contact the IT people anyhow. 

You mentioned maybe  the NVIDIA Quadro 600 wasn't the best to use? Suggestions? 

thanks,

Michele

ST10 MP5

Builder
Builder

Well, my graphics and MP are updated and no improvement in my assembly. It doesn't affect my drafts so I quess it's just an annoyance. 

And as follow up question...

Are there any computer internal "3D Settings" that can be manipulated to work better for me with my current graphics software?

Genius
Genius

I've had this problem before and if I recall correctly it rectified after editing a frame member.  On that basis I don't believe this is a graphics issue, I believe it to be a bug.  

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello @michele

Keep in mind not to modify the default settings for SE in the Nvidia driver as the performance drops drastically even if you have the right drivers.

If the problem is the driver. You have 3 levels of drivers, Nvidia, PC OEM and Microsoft. A random example would look like this:

Nvidia 385.04

PC- OEM: 1.2.38201 (their own certified version of Nvidia 382.01)

Microsoft: 380.15 WHQL (Microsoft certified drivers for windows)

You will find that at certain point these 3 players have 3 different "lastest" drivers. Start with latest OEM driver. then try to roll back to a  previous driver version from your PC-OEM, if it doesn't work try with the latest Nvidia driver, if still, the problem persists, roll back to a previous Nvidia driver. Last resource Microsoft WHQL driver with windows update.

In my case, if I install the latest Lenovo driver for Quadro the performance drops, the laptop has the previous version of the lastest Nvidia driver (when is not recommended to have Nvidia drivers in a Lenovo laptop, but hey it works!! Smiley Happy ).

Hope it helps.

Josue