Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello., does anyone know if s.t 6 can work on windows 10 ?... today I have windoes 7 pro.. Thanks

Experimenter
Experimenter
5 REPLIES

Re: hello., does anyone know if s.t 6 can work on windows 10 ?... today I have windoes 7 pro.. Than

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

I believe ST8 MP3 was the first version of Solid Edge to be certified to run on Windows 10. You may want to wait around and see if anyone responds with a success story of running ST6 on Windows 10, but if you do end up getting it running and have any issues there's not much that can be done to help you since it's not supported and ST6 is 4 versions old now. 

Re: hello., does anyone know if s.t 6 can work on windows 10 ?... today I have windoes 7 pro.. Than

Experimenter
Experimenter
Great, thanks a lot.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

No, Solid Edge ST6 will not run on Windows 10.  It crashes opening files. Solid Edge ST8 MP2 is the first release to officially support Windows 10.

Solid Edge ST7 MP4 resolved the crash during file open on Windows 10, but limited other testing and issue resolution was conducted here.

Laura

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@hagai125  Are you stuck with ST6 for a particular reason?

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Ken.

For me, the outcome is too high to purchase a new working station and to upgrade to s.t10+ a one year support that now is an obligatory in Israel(that's what I was told ..)

so I decided to buy a "W".. Lenovo series with windows 7 and to improve the performances.  

I do not need the solid edge on a daily basis yet for I'm a metal worker.

thank you for asking.