Solved! Go to solution

hi everyone im very new to solidedge and cad in general i have used solidworks for almost 3 months

can anyone tell me is tear off sketch not an option anymore,,, also what coomand will be comprable to solidworks convert entity,,, also if i had a plane that was a certain distance away from an edxtruded face how would i bring sketch of the face onto the current plane but bigger in solidworks it offset entity but that doesnt seem to work here ,,thanx great program if i can ever figure it iut,, and i still havent even touched live rules or assemblies 

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author paulie1972
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Tear Off is an ordered sketch tool, so it only shows up w...

Tear Off is an ordered sketch tool, so it only shows up when you're doing ordered modeling, and have an ordered sketch available.Shown here to the right of the Sketch icon.

The Edge equivalent of Convert Entity is called Include, shown below. It's the icon in the upper left of the image where the cursor is. Include can add an offset as well, so it does some stuff Convert Entity doesn't do.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Re: Tear Off is an ordered sketch tool, so it only shows up w...

yes i got it thanx so much is this the same m lombard that wrote the solidworks bible ,, your like a modeling ninja,,,,its a little frustrating going from sw to se but i want to learn both

Re: Tear Off is an ordered sketch tool, so it only shows up w...

Yeah, I'm that one. Solid Edge has a lot more to offer in the long run, especially in machine design.
Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.