Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I fix the inconsistent shell error?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I was trying to thicken a surface which I used bluesurf but I got two different errors. If I wanna thicken to the right it says " failed to offset or delete the face". When I tried to thicken away from the design it says  zero thickness  body. 

I decided to use geometry inspector and it found one fault about inconsistent shell. I can't heal the body faults. I tried making design in construction mode but it also didn't work. Optimize option is not active. How can I fix this problem.  I should also tell that at the tip of the wing which I use bounded option, I also couldnt thicken it and I continued designing since I was going to add  a sharklet which I can't thicken it. could it be the cause ?inconsistent shell.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Betreff: how can I fix the inconsistent shell error?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Aeroeng

can You upload this file?

With picture only it is hard to analyze what is going on.

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
Hi.

this part been saved in Academic version of SE.

Unable to open, can you save it as IGES or STEP ?

thank you,

Arek

Pioneer
Pioneer
I have updated the file to stp

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Aeroeng

doesn't understand what the problem is, You have.

Maybe the thicken function isn't the right one.

I just did a stitch to the 2 surface of Your wing with any problem.

So i got 2 solid bodeis in Your part, but You can not do a Body Union wioth them due to a non-manifold condition between them.

This is clear since You end in aone and the same edge in  the bottom right area.

Doesn't make to much sense here.

20170727_1544.PNG

Besides that I think, that Your curve by table at the top end is not really that what You are looking for.

Or is that wave look the design intend?

20170727_1545.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yes I think the problem is with the tip. It seems like aerofoil's lines are broke down to seperated lines rather then forming one continues line.  I deleted it and imported the data again.  I managed to get both end bluesurfed and bounded and thickened this time.  as you mentioned there is a wave formation at the tip which shouldn't  have been like this and I don't know how it happend. it might be because I changed the datas  in the curve by table for the root part of the aerofoil.