how to give dimension in 3d. and It will be automatically updated on drafting.

Pioneer
Pioneer

7 REPLIES

Re: how to give dimension in 3d. and It will be automatically updated on drafting.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Not sure what you are asking.  Sounds like you are asking how to modify a dimension on a 3D model and have the Draft automatically update.

If in the Draft, double click on the drawing view and you will be taken to the model, change the dimension and then close and save the model.  At this point you are returned to the Draft and you select the Update Views command and your drawing updates to reflect the model change.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Re: how to give dimension in 3d. and It will be automatically updated on drafting.

Pioneer
Pioneer

hi,

i am asking if i give all dimension in 3d model then this dimension automatically reflect in 2d draft file...means no need to give dimension in 2d draft file but using one tool or something else it will automatically reflect in 3d model...

PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

I think what is talking about is. If you place dimensions in 3D, create 2D drawing, the dimension from the 3D will show up in the 2D?

Pioneer
Pioneer

yes, but exact on those places which i placed in 3d..and dimensions is not repeated.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You do this in Draft after placing your views... Use the Retrieve Dimension command.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

You can also use model views through Part. I don't use this way, i have used the retrieve dimensions

Pioneer
Pioneer

i used retrieve dimension command but it is not exact as i placed  in 3d model. and it has two problems-

1)   dimensions is repeated 

2)   i  have to rearrange the dimensions and it takes times.