how to quote a message or snip quote in a reply?

@SeanCresswell   or @MLombard

can one of you  (or anyone else)  who know how to quote in a reply record a video to show me how.

it can be veryhelpful when answering only part of a question to snip quote and then reply.  i tryed a quote today and my reply was also in the greyed area of the quote..

help please.

5 REPLIES

Re: how to quote a message or snip quote in a reply?

MattJohnsonPAC wrote:

@SeanCresswell  or @MLombard

can one of you  (or anyone else)  who know how to quote in a reply record a video to show me how.

it can be veryhelpful when answering only part of a question to snip quote and then reply.  i tryed a quote today and my reply was also in the greyed area of the quote..

help please.

Hey Matt,

Did you not get my PM on this? [Anyway, here is what I sent.....

When you "Reply" [need to select the reply from the individual post, rather than the topic] to a post/message there is a button at the top right of the message field "Quote".....the quoted input is placed relative to where the flahing cursor was last placed, so one can make multiple quote entries, and parse out specifics between multiple questions & the responses. [if that makes sense]  Robot wink

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP4] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Matt,

I hadn't installed Jing on the Surface Pro3 yet, but have now......here's the quick & dirty video " http://screencast.com/t/YjtK0CZL "

Apologies for the poor selection...my fat fingered touch screening is not as precise as a mouse.  Robot Embarassed

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

MattJohnsonPAC wrote:

@SeanCresswell

A little 'trick' - a decent word for cheating in this case  Man Wink - that can be used when no other screen recording app is installed is using Solid Edge's Recorder.

After starting the recroder as usual, minimize SE and record the other app like this video shows.

Pls don't take it otherwise. this just came to my mind after your comment.

~Tushar

I like that "trick"  @Tushar ....will remember that one.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

SeanCresswell wrote:

Hey Matt,

Did you not get my PM on this? [Anyway, here is what I sent.....

yea,  i did,  but was not able to make it work.  this i got it now.  I was typying my reply within the break line that creates the quote start adn quote end.