Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transform solid body into surface?

N/A

Hello
I have a model of car body represented as a solid body in SE ST6. Now I need it to be transformed into surface which will be used in ANSYS.
That must be a zero-thickness surface( solutions like making it a thinwall body are not proper ones)
important thing: that model of car body does not have its pathfinder(no tree) as it opened from Parasolid extension.
Thank you,
Pawel

2 REPLIES

Re: how to transform solid body into surface?

N/A
Ok . I ve managed do it by myself. If there were anybody struggling this problem, he/she should do it like this:
1. Use command copy located in surfacing/surface
2. select all faces of car body except for one (If you select all faces, you will make surface that closed and program will automatically generate a solid body out of it ). That was my problem, i think the program should ask you if you want to have closed surface or solid body. In this particular problem the program is half-baked for me.
3.finish that command and repeat it for that one you havent previously selected.
4. click one by one RMB on these 2 "copy" features, select "drop parents"
5. Delete the solid body that was base for these new surfaces.
Now you have solid-to-surface transformation done!

Re: how to transform solid body into surface?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
I'm assuming you copied the faces in Ordered mode as it autocreates a solid. I copied them in Synch mode, and they remain just surfaces...

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019