Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

information only ST10 ver 110.00.05.001 x64

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Has anyone else come across this?

See attached pic

At first I thought that since the door was hidden it was giving me the "error", but it is not that.

I have not ever noticed that since we upgraded to the new ST10 version or it's been happening and I am just now noticing it.

It's being a problem, I just want to make sure that its not a symptom for a failure down the road.

Thank you for your input.

8 REPLIES 8

Betreff: information only ST10 ver 110.00.05.001 x64

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Lex-luthor

sorry for my silly answer and question, but take it as a result of the late night time we have here already.

But where is the error and what is the problem?

I can not see it out from the picture.

Please give more info, thanks

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@hawcad

I don't think that it is really an error per se.  I think that it has information that it does not know how to display it or read it.

If you look at the black dimension there is a 50, 50ERR there.

Since there is nothing there under the red line, which it is referencing a plane on a door that I have hidden, I tried the same thing only with the door shown, thinking that it was just a small fluke on my end.

Turns out that it is not the case.  This is the only time that I have had to happen or maybe it is the only time that I see it.  I am unsure if anyone else has had the same thing to happen, maybe find a commonality. 

So far it is not creating a large hassle as far as structure of the design. 

This dimension is taken from the relationship between two planes.  I googled to see if there were any other informaion on it and no avail.

Hi @Lex-luthor

Ok, I think, this only can be analysed and solved with having the real data.

So if it's possible to upload the assembly to the forum, this would help.

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@hawcad

How would I go about uploading a step file?  Zip it?

Hi @Lex-luthor

absoluteley a ZIP!

Even if this is in that case a single file, but for sending date I always make a zip first.

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

see attached

There's something just odd or broken in that assembly. After I import the step assembly if I open a part and then close it the file remains but there are no features in the part. However, if after I open a part, optimize it, then save and close it it's fine.

Don't know if the problem comes about when you save the assembly as a step or it's something already in the parts.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@bshand

I know, its wierd.  It is saved on a network file.  I closed everything and rebooted the computer.  It still is there, its just a little wierd but its not causing a giant ruckus and I have not had an issue since then.  I talked to one of the other engineers that has been to the class for the SE program and they have not seen anyting like it nor can find a cause for it.  It acts like a constraint error, but there is no error.