inventor migration error

Hi I am try test  the inventor migration tool i am getting this error

can anyone with experiace of migration help please.

Thanks

8 REPLIES

Re: inventor migration error

You have to have Inventor installed and running on the PC on which Solid Edge and the migration tool is running.

This tool is designed for and Inventor user who wishes to migrate all his data to Solid Edge.

Cheers

Mark

got inventor 2016 and solidedge st8 running still getting the error

OK,

Have to ask - have you installed the data migration server?

Cheers

Mark

[ Edited ]

how do i do that if i have already installed st8

Normally you would run the Solid Edge installer again (after loading Solid Edge) which is autostart.exe on the DVD.

But from the look of your screen shot you do not have the DVD. What do you have?

Cheers

Mark

[ Edited ]

Hi Mark,

Just an FYI, see Sammy's original post from Student Edition forum.

Hi Sammy,

As you have Student Edition you won't have a DVD, but hopefuly you still have the downloaded application file saved to disc somewhere [download it again if needed]....if you run that again, you will find the "Data Migration" step Mark points out.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

If you downloaded the full distribution - should look something like the following:-

Note the size of the file 3,620,328 KB.

If this is what you had you can extract a full install by extracting all the files and folders using WinZip or 7Zip or similar.

This should extract the equivalent of the DVD.

I am now assuming that you are using the educational version?

If so please post questions in the appropriate group - as it becomes difficult to diagnose what is going on when we have only part of the story.

Cheers

Mark

Hi,

Did you manage to enable distributive com?

Here are steps from help:

"Set data migration properties

The Install process builds a distributed program application which can be found in Control Panel/System and Security/Administrative Tools/Component Services/Computers/My Computer/Com+Applications/SEDataMigration.

Enable Distributive Com
  1. Navigate to Control Panel/System and Security/Administrative Tools/Component Services/Computers/My Computer

2. Right-click and select Review Properties.

3. On the Default Properties tab, ensure that the Enable Distributed COM on this computer is enabled.

Disable access checks
  1. Navigate to Control Panel/System and Security/Administrative Tools/Component Services/Computers/My Computer/COM + Applications

2. Right-click the SEDataMigration COM Application to review the properties.

3. On the Security page disable the Enforce access checks for this application.

Once installed you must enable Distributive COM, and disable the Access Checks for this application.

On the same machine that contains the application from which you are migrating, you need to place all files to be migrated in folder. This folder is known as the Server Working Folder. This folder must be shared and the user migrating must have Full Control of this folder."

By the way it works well? I've already used it:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/