is it possible to edit curve by table in synchronous...

PLM World Member Pioneer PLM World Member Pioneer
PLM World Member Pioneer

Is it possible to edit a table curve in Synchronous?

I imported the table curve into an ordered part, but wanted to move the curve from the excel file position, and so transfered just the curve to Synchronous and was able to move the curve as desired. Was happy. However, it seems like the now synchronous curve cannot have it's shape edited in excel. Less Happy now. Anyone know any tricks?

ST6 MP10

4 REPLIES

Re: is it possible to edit curve by table in synchronous...

Phenom
Phenom
Hi,

You can't edit the your curve in synch. You have to stay in ordere mode and you can use "move" command from direct edit group to move.

BR,
Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

PLM World Member Pioneer

Imics, thank you for the reply.

Where is this ordered move command in the direct edit group that you refer to? I can't find it...

I think what we are suppposed to do is attach the curve table to a coordinate system with the drop down menu on the curve table options screen. Move the corrdinate system and curve table follows nicely, but this requires thinking ahead a bit.

Thanks again,

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

Here is a video about steps (other way is yours):

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

PLM World Member Pioneer

Imics, thank you for taking the time to explain.

In order to use the move faces command, you need to have a solid body made first. The particular part I was working on had no solid body yet (just the curve by table) and so the move faces command was not yet available (at least in ST 6).

thanks for the help.

cheers,