Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[langtitle=pt]Versão Para MAC OS / Version for MAC OS[/langtitle]

N/A
existe uma versão do software para MAC OS???

There is a version of software for MAC OS??
6 REPLIES

Re: [langtitle=pt]Versão Para MAC OS / Version for MAC OS[/langtitle]

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
No, Solid Edge is Windows only.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP7
Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Siemens Master Siemens Master
Siemens Master
Although not officially supported, I know several people that run SE on the Mac under bootcamp and swear by it.

Pioneer
Pioneer
I have also been successfully running node locked license on a Mac using Parallels virtualisation software. Have also been able to run a floating license where the license server is installed on the same virtual machine. I have not had any luck trying to connect a virtual machine to a standalone windows based license server.
It would be great to see a native Mac OS X version of SE but as I have seen on the NX forum, users need to show that there is serious demand in this market segment to make it happen. that in itself can be difficult to achieve.
Alan Boughey

A Boughey Pty Ltd
www.boughey.com

MacOS X 10.7, NX8 Mach3

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I have also been successfully running node locked license on a Mac using Parallels virtualisation software. Have also been able to run a floating license where the license server is installed on the same virtual machine. I have not had any luck trying to connect a virtual machine to a standalone windows based license server.
It would be great to see a native Mac OS X version of SE but as I have seen on the NX forum, users need to show that there is serious demand in this market segment to make it happen. that in itself can be difficult to achieve.

Don't mix the software architectures of NX and SE. NX is even running on Linux and is obviously easier to port to a native Mac OS application.
As the SE software architecture is based on the Windows only COM technology, there won't be any non-Windows version in the future, even if you will demand for it...
To do a non-Windows port means rewriting the WHOLE software!!

Pioneer
Pioneer
i am well aware of the differences in the architecture bases of both platforms and your reasoning that the whole code would need to be rewritten may be true, but not necessarily the case. Most of these applications are written in languages such as C# or similar. These languages can be compiled to operate on multiple platforms. The coding relating to the API would probably need to be rewritten. The question is whether the effort is commercially worth it. Siemens may not believe it necessary unless the market expresses enough interest. Programming requirements aside it really depends on the market demand.
If you compare Autodesk's latest plays with the porting of a Windows only application in AutoCAD (which was rewritten not ported) with SolidEdge then there is a possibility that Siemens may see market potential. Autodesk have also started porting Inventor Fusion to mac so they obviously think that it is both possible and commercially viable.
Alan Boughey

A Boughey Pty Ltd
www.boughey.com

MacOS X 10.7, NX8 Mach3

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Solid Edge is written in native C++ and as long as running any application virtually on other hosts is possible (like Dan already stated) I don't see SE to run on any other OS natively during my life time...