latters rescaling in title block when copy and paste

To speed up the process of creating a drawing in Main Drawing Title Block I copy a date from draftsman signature block and paste in my one. As a result of this manipulation letter size decreases?

Will be grareful for advice.

3 REPLIES

Re: latters rescaling in title block when copy and paste

Not entirely sure, but when copy and pasting text you are essentially only copying the characters and not the formatting so when you paste it back into another draft sheet, the characters are pasted and then displayed using the active text style for the object you pasted it into.  SE is all about "Styles" for formatting to maintain standards, so you will often see this if the styles don't match between objects or someone overrode the style for some particular text when Copy & Pasting.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

In my set up I have a standard drafts sheets templets for all formats were all necessary information is on. Avery body is dealing with the same standard. So basically we are compline with the SE “Styles” setup. In title block we have text blocks: drawn, by, date, etc. Under is another text blocks were relevant person need to put his info: - initials, date, etc. When I check the drawing normally I copy the date Infor from draughtsman text box (by highlighted in yellow) and past in me date text box where the dash is stand to indicating that the drawing has not been check, then I change only one or two digits. As result the scale is changes. Even if I do not change anything. For example from 2.0 it change to 1.94 from 3.5 it change to 3.53, etc.? I’m talking about the same draft sheet. Furthermore this is happening even if I do the same manipulation in my on environment.

Will be grateful for feed back

Vladimir Chechin

Could it be as simple as you are using 2 different decimal precision settings between the 2 files (located under the App button, Properties, File Properties or File Units on ST7/8).  One file is using 2 decimal places and the other using 1 decimal places.  The text really isn't scaling but the read out is changing due to value rounding.  This certainly explans the 3.53 turning into 3.5, but the 1.94 would end up being 1.9, but 1.95 would definitely turn into 2.0.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10