loft surface

hi everybody

i need help for a loft surfacing, i want to use guide curve but inside the command i can't find out how

thanks in advance

5 REPLIES

Re: loft surface

Hi,

Yasser

as shown by YD, there is a button (in the Surfacing tab) called 'Swept'.

when you press this button the sweep options appear. Here you can select 'Multiple Paths and cross section" to create surface lofts as shown below:

Maarten Elings | Mechanical Engineer
DENTA Engineering
www.denta.nl

Hi there,

Have you looked at "BlueSurf"?....there is a "Guide Curve" step in this.....

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

hi Sean

thanks for your answer

i'm asking about using guide curve in the sweep surface command in solidedge, which is an option inside the sweep surface command in solidworks(the cad were i'm coming from)

thanks in advance

omarkadd wrote:

hi Sean

thanks for your answer

i'm asking about using guide curve in the sweep surface command in solidedge, which is an option inside the sweep surface command in solidworks(the cad were i'm coming from)

thanks in advance

The Solid Edge sweep is not exactly like the 'Works sweep. Solid Edge allows multiple profiles (sections), and in 'Works, there is only one profile and the function of the path is slightly different, controlling the orientation of the profile plane, sometimes with relation to one of the guide curves.

I personally recommend the Bluesurf. It's very much like the Boundary surface in 'Works. It really replaces or supercedes both loft and sweep, except in some specific situations.

Can you show the situation you are working with?