loft surface

Creator
Creator

hi everybody

i need help for a loft surfacing, i want to use guide curve but inside the command i can't find out how

thanks in advance

5 REPLIES

Re: loft surface

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

loft surface.JPG

Yasser

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

as shown by YD, there is a button (in the Surfacing tab) called 'Swept'.

when you press this button the sweep options appear. Here you can select 'Multiple Paths and cross section" to create surface lofts as shown below:

2015-07-13 12_29_12-Solid Edge ST6 - Ordered Part - [Part2-Document Number].png

Maarten Elings | Mechanical Engineer

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

Have you looked at "BlueSurf"?....there is a "Guide Curve" step in this.....

ST8_Help_BlueSurf_Overview.png

ST8_PAR_BlueSurf_GuideCurve.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Creator
Creator

hi Sean

thanks for your answer

i'm asking about using guide curve in the sweep surface command in solidedge, which is an option inside the sweep surface command in solidworks(the cad were i'm coming from)

thanks in advance

MLombard
Retired

omarkadd wrote:

hi Sean

thanks for your answer

i'm asking about using guide curve in the sweep surface command in solidedge, which is an option inside the sweep surface command in solidworks(the cad were i'm coming from)

thanks in advance

The Solid Edge sweep is not exactly like the 'Works sweep. Solid Edge allows multiple profiles (sections), and in 'Works, there is only one profile and the function of the path is slightly different, controlling the orientation of the profile plane, sometimes with relation to one of the guide curves.

I personally recommend the Bluesurf. It's very much like the Boundary surface in 'Works. It really replaces or supercedes both loft and sweep, except in some specific situations.

Can you show the situation you are working with?

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.