material thickness greyed out

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear,

I've been working on a sheetmetal part and want to change the material thickness from 1mm to 0.6mm.  If I try to edit the definition of Tab1, the material thickness input field, with the 1mm in it, is greyed out.

I've tried deleting all following steps from the sheetmetal but with only the Tab1 step it stays greyed out. If I open a new sheetmetal, changing the thickness of the material isn't a problem.

Hope someone knows...

Andy

7 REPLIES

Re: material thickness greyed out

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What do you mean by "Tab1"?

Edit: Oh, you mean the feature. Mine is not greyed out so I can't answer that. But you can also change it by going to the material table and pick a different gage.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Experimenter
Experimenter

Tab1 is actually the first tab feature which is drawn. By changing the thickness of that tab, everthing should change into the desired thickness.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Can you upload the file?

Bruce Shand

Phenom
Phenom

Have you tried to edit the thickness trough the variable table?

2016-04-28 09_01_30-Beugel.psm_Variable Table.png

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Joris,

I've found the problem but I don't know how it occured.

When I clicked "variables" I noticed a value (0.2) in the formula column under material thickness. I removed the value and could change the thickness right away.

I started this drawing from scratch and am 100% sure that I didn't add the 0.2 value in the formula column...

Nevertheless, problem solved!

Thx!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'd check your .psm template to make sure that formula isn't there.

Bruce Shand

Phenom
Phenom

If a gage table was used, it can have the same control. I control sheet metal thickness and bend radius and K factor using the Gage table.