model difference from draft with long sweep help ST7

I am having trouble getting a draft file to display a model in an acceptable manner.

Model is of a pair of wires, 1600mm long, outer insulation 1.5mm dia.

2 sketches used to create path & profile. Loft command used to generate protrusions. Model appears correct, but draft file is rather course in depiction of model.

Any suggestions would be great.

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer | New Product Development Emerson Climate Technologies | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA T +1 419 525 8554 gary.dinges@emerson.com

6 REPLIES

Re: model difference from draft with long sweep help ST7

I was able to get better results if I changed the sweep options to "no merge" in the part.

I thought setting the simplify b-spline edges to "never" in the drawing view would have done the trick but no.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Wow, that is an odd one......the draft doesn't match the model representation at all.

If you haven't already, I'd be inclined to send that into GTAC for review.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Gary,

You really need to report this one to GTAC. It does the same (or similar) in ST8.

Cheers

Mark

[ Edited ]

Using the No Merge setting has helped.

Discovered another symptom. The part represents a pair of wires, the longer I make the pair of wires, the worse the deformation becomes. Some pictures attached of longer lengths.

I will send this to GTAC today.

Thanks for the help.

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer | New Product Development Emerson Climate Technologies | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA T +1 419 525 8554 gary.dinges@emerson.com

GTAC incedent # 7444338

The draft will display more correctly if the VHL tolerance is actually set to 1 in the Advanced options tab of the view. Anything greater than 1 and the draft looks much worse.

-Dylan Gondyke