multi-body publish problem

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I've had a repeated problem publishing multi-bodies. Sometime after publishing, the parts disappear from the assembly copy and they need to be re-published. An arrow appears next to the Assembly Copy title in the pathfinder.

The alert states that:  " The multi-body part file this feature is referencing contains Design Bodies that have not been published. Edit the part file to publish the bodies."

Then I have to go and delete all of the named published parts, republish/re-name all of the parts. Then cross my fingers and hope they stick.

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES

Re: multi-body publish problem

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I suspect it loses the parts after an edit

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
Are you performing operations on the multi-body file that results in the originally published bodies getting consumed and new bodies coming into being? If you call in an IR with the files in the state, we might be able to tell what the issue is.

Aditya
---
Aditya Gurushankar
Manager, Solid Edge Planning

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

No. The edits have kept the original bodies.

Our staff has had this same problem maybe half a dozen times. I'll save files in state on the next incident. In the pathfinder, the Assembly Copy won't expand and prompts you to re-publish.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just had another instance of this error message, however the parts are still there so it's ok for now. See attachment.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
The feature is in a warned state saying that there are newer design bodies in the parent multi-body part file that need to be published so the assembly copy can update to the correct picture. You may want to check if the part file has more than design bodies than the parts in the assembly copy (5 in this case).

The case where all the parts were missing even though the bodies in the part have not changed needs investigation.
---
Aditya Gurushankar
Manager, Solid Edge Planning

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I've checked the original part file and there are more Construction Bodies but no more design bodies. Could the Construction bodies be the issue? See attached.