Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with adjustable part

Creator
Creator

I’m trying to simulate a plane driven by 3 linear actuators but could not find how to do that in SE.

I’m getting stuck on the adjustable part implementation / don’t know how to measure the needed length.

The moving surface needs to be tilted around the point 0,0,0 of the assembly by changing the length of the 3 linear actuators.

In the assembly the moving surface is connected to point 0,0,0 and the two variables “ang rot” & “ang_up” set its position.

I tried to control the adjustable part by adding 3 tangent relationships between the top of the actuators and the lower surface of the moving part so, but it’s impossible.

p1.png

I tried to control the actuator length by a normal distance measure, but I can’t select the center point of the base of the actuator as the first reference point and the lower surface as the second. (I can do it in reverse order, but this gives the wrong distance)

I could not find any way how to measure these lengths. Would like to get some help with this.

Thanks,

Zohar

7 REPLIES 7

Betreff: need help with adjustable part

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ZoharML_ 

before going deeper into the request (which would need a SE, what is not available yet), why not use an assembly with 3 actuator parts with an axial aligning (floating) only and a tangent to the plane .

So these 3 parts will follow Your plane part or otherwise round will control this part.

If there is really the need for an adjustable part too, then You can place that below the actuators.

regards
Wolfgang

So I messed around and came up with the attached. May not be optimal for you but it conveys the idea, I think.

Files included for you to examine.

(view in My Videos)

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Creator
Creator

@bshand I started with this way (typing in the length of each linear actuator). But I prefer to have both angels as the input and the actuator length as output.

In your assembly the actuators change their angle and not kept perpendicular to the base plate as I need them.

@hawcad I ended using your idea, I replaced the adjustable part with rods going up and down.

This allows me to get the result that I need now (the length of the actuator relative to the two angles)

p2.png

But it looks bad as the pins get below the base plane

For the sake of knowledge, idea of how to get the same result with adjustable part this will be very welcome.

@ZoharML_ If you want to drive the plate angles and have that drive the rod lengths then I think you need to make the rods adjustable as a spring so they react to the plates. In my case the rods drive the plate.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

But it looks bad as the pins get below the base plane

Hi @ZoharML_ ,

but in reality, those pins will and must move somehow, isn't it? 

And they will move below the plate too?

So for me this is the more relalistic represantation of the real product, rather than the adjustable parts

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

They should be a linear motor and not pins.

So they change their length.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

My memory is a little fuzzy on this, but wasnt' there a swash plate type pump that was in a training file for SE a few years ago?  That seems like a similar application.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1