no disk space available for undo support

We have been seeing an error pop up "no disk space available for undo support"

Has anyone else seen this?
It occurs on 2 different systems, 1 is Windows 8 and one was is Windows 7. It has only happened on the Win7 a few times but occurs more on the Win8.
I am not sure if the OS is just a coincidence or part of the problem. Both systems have ample HD space. We are operating on a small peer to peer network with the drawing files located on another system.

Attached is a .jpg of the popup and system resources at the time it occurs.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES

Re: no disk space available for undo support

Strange, can't recall ever seeing that error before.....is the SE install[s] pretty much as stock? [ie; SE-Options_Undo Steps....100]
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Never seen it before myself, but as best I can remember it did not appear until after the upgrade to ST6.
Yes, undo steps are at 100

I suggest turning undo steps down from 100 to 50... Highly unlikely that you will ever need to undo 50 steps... It is my understanding that the undo commands cache is writing to physical disk and not RAM...
Matt Johnson
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions
matt.johnson@allyplm.com
http://allyplm.com/

I'm seeing the same error on a machine with the undo step option set to 10.

Thanks MMS, I hate to say it but I am glad that someone else has the issue. I too have moved the undo steps around and have had no success.

MMS & BPG,

Please get with your VAR or GTAC and file this as an IR (PR!).

Matt Johnson
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions
matt.johnson@allyplm.com
http://allyplm.com/

I too have had this problem after upgrading to ST6 (along with quite a few other, all of which go unresolved). We have a very similar setup as you. Our files are on a network drive as-well. I bet you've even got the "Unable to save files" error. Help support was worthless with this. Hope there is something to fix this stuff!