offset command

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

In 2D, when using the offset command, the offset dimension is printed automatically.  How can I avoid this as well as the ofsett symbol?

7 REPLIES

Re: offset command

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Draw a line instead of using an offset

just delete the offset dimension and symbol. I don't think offsets are tied to the switch for adding dimension or not with added objects.

If that is what you desire, ask for the enhancement.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Thank you, 12 gage

Builder
Builder

I think it would be fantastic if you could turn off the attached "dim" when making an offset in 2D!!!

Phenom
Phenom

Just turn off "maintain Relationships" if you don't want/need them.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Genius
Genius

The best solution is to make a layer and apply that layer to the dimension, or anything else that you wish not to print. Then right click that layer and select "Hide" or "Hide Everywhere", everything in that layer will be hidden and will not print. If you wish to change the dimension then just right click "Show" or "Show Everywhere.

Phenom
Phenom

If you are drawing in the 2D Model view you can put the dimensions on layer Auto Hide.

For the constraints you can also use the show/hide relationship handles option.

Relationship handles in the 2D model view don't display on the working sheet. 

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Actually it would be a GREAT enhancement request, for the ribbon bar to have this option, as turning off maintain relationships, seems a step too far.

The user doesn't actually need the dimension on the offset element, the relationship handle contains enough of the information, to select it and adjust that distance, in a "per instance" select....the placed dimension comes into play, should the user want to change multiple offset occurences at one time....so there is a real need for both conditions.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10