orbit - don't look at sketch constraints

Phenom
Phenom

When I try to orbit this assembly:

jwOI3WF

It's not like you would expect because the center of navigation is taken between the assembly and the constraint of 2 concentric circles:

dRz5Vnq

Se when I navigate with my 3D mouse or midle mouse button my assem

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user
4 REPLIES

Re: orbit - don't look at sketch constraints

Phenom
Phenom

You haven't finished that post properly, but I'm guessing you're asking how to get the centre of rotation to be about only the geometry?

Try hiding anything you don't want to be part of the scene for rotating. That being said, I'm not sure why your coaxial centre is showing at all...

Phenom
Phenom

Alex_H wrote:

I'm guessing you're asking how to get the centre of rotation to be about only the geometry?

You guess perfectly.

The centre is only showing when I choose "Edit definition" of the sketch. When I hide the sketch the center of navigation is in the center of my geometry, but why is the coaxial centre  used to define the navigation centre?

When I show the sketch and choose for "iso view"  I see:

kC252hC

So you don't see the coaxial center but when navigating it is counted to define the center of navigating...

...........................................................................................................

Phenom
Phenom

The software assumes that anything shown is part of the view and centres the rotation based on that, which is not an unreasonable assumption most of the time - it seems sensible that you'd want to see all of the sketch you're working on.

Obviously in your case it's a bit different as the centre mark is very far away. You have 2 options;

* For mouse rotation, under the view tab, use the Rotate button to select a rotation point to rotate about.

* For 3d mouse, you should have an AddIns tab with a Select rotation point button for your 3d mouse.

Phenom
Phenom

It makes sens for everything shown, but a constraint is "nothing".