Solved! Go to solution

outside flanges

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a sheet metal pan with two flanges bent 45 degrees out. What i'm trying to do is close them up to form a outside miter. Is this possible? I'm using solid edge st5.

Thanks

Joe

Here is my file. Thanks.

Joe

18 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by Grundey (Esteemed Contributor)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Easiest way to do this is with "Contour Flange". Draw the...

Easiest way to do this is with "Contour Flange". Draw the base plate that will be the bottom of your pan. Then, from a "side view" you will draw the 45 degree line and then use Contour Flange to go around the part. It will do the miters for you and you can define miter options in the options dialog for the command. See help on "Contour Flange" for "how to".

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Re: outside flanges

It seems odd that you can't do this in st5. What would be the other way Dan?
Thanks
Joe

Hi there,

I think what you're looking for, is the "close corner" command...in order to do this after the flanges are made.

-
Sean.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Contour Flange has been there since 1997, so yes, you can do it in ST5 also.
Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

This closed corner command doesn't seem to work on these flanges because the It says that the bends must share a common face?
Thanks
Joe

I tried the contour flange. I just wanted to know if you could close the corners to create a mitered flange after the flanges were made.
Joe

Joe, might be a good idea to post a picture of what you are trying to achieve. As Dan said, Contour Flange placed off of the flat plate that defines the bottom should give you what you are after unless none of us are understanding what you want.
Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

Sorry guys. I know that you can use the contour flange for this. What I wanted to know was, can this be accomplished without the contour command, just simply close off the corners and create a miter. I just joined, so I don't know how to post a pic or a file. Can someone help me with this?
Thanks
Joe

You can edit your original question and add an attachment (you can add it on new questions too).
Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10