perimetric box method

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

(view in My Videos)

The attached vid is a demonstartion of what can be accomplished with what I call the parametric box method and a lot of work within the variables and annotation table.

My hope with this is that they expand the bend tables to include back gage and stick out. the would only require one additional piece of information into there bend tables. what direction the bend is comming from. There is already a way to input the bend sequence. With the sequence and a direction, they could build the back gage and stick out into the tables. This would save me about 12 hours of template creation time.

What good is a bend table without the back gage and stick out?

The result is I can resize my boxy tanks, and create a new set of drawings, and downstream exported flat patterns, bend tables, and fabrication drawings in about 30 min.

6 REPLIES

re-load vid

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

(view in My Videos)

Re: re-load vid

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

The vid I tried to attached is 52 megs. Guess that's too large. I will have to make it again when I have the time....a few days.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

(view in My Videos)

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Not having much luck with this video buddy.

You may have to upload it to You Tube from home.  Robot wink

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

The last vid was 40.5 megs. Either there is a HARD 40 meg limit or they dont want this to be shown.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I finally got a vid to show up. See the thread "building links and variable management"

This shows the starting point of many issues I would like to post about.