predefined shapes for sheet metal punches

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Can anyone send me info to be me started in how to set up and use predefined shapes for sheet metal? Shapes for common cutouts, holes, louvers, etc.

I sent the above question to my VAR but also want to see what comes up here.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200
7 REPLIES

Re: predefined shapes for sheet metal punches

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I did find what looks like a good tutorial in SE:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/se/107/help/en_US/selfPacedExt/sessc...

I'll give it a shot first. I was going to delete the post but out of consideration for anyone who may be pondering it and getting set to answer I didn't.

Edit: There's nothing in the tutorial! Restating question...

Bruce Shand

Phenom
Phenom

Posts like these make this forum the preferred place to 'lookup' for solutions, ahead even of the online help. Great to have retained it.

Another similar post came up earlier this week which also has a short video that will augment one's understanding about storing and retrieving standard shapes and features.

~Tushar

www.CADVertex.com

www.SurfAndCode.in

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Tushar, that's a good basic start. I'm looking for sheet metal specific things like punches and shape features.

I just found out my installation apparently doesn't containthe training files and when I click on the tutorial it talks about ST6. 

I'm going to look into that with GTAC as a first.

Bruce Shand

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Matt, that's the same link I posted. It's got about two pages and says basically nothing except a vague summary.

I did go to the SE tutorials. I didn't know you had to download the "activity data set". Last time I used SE tutorials (long time ago) all the files were already installed. This way works pretty well since I will just save them to a training folder on the server so that anyone can get to them.

Bruce Shand

DOH!!!  sorry man!!!  i didnt read the ful thread,  saw your comment that the tutorials did not install on your set up and just wanted to quickly get you the link.  sorry,  i'm of no value here..  i shall return to my hole...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Smiley Happy No worries. Your input is always welcome. It's usually quite useful!

Bruce Shand