problem of assembly

i create engine in solid edge st7.When I work on .asm density and interface are not visible to me however when i work on .part there is interface but no density. Could you please look at the attachments and please help if there are problems on this?

7 REPLIES

Re: problem of assembly

Phenom
Phenom

You don't have any "Density" in the model nor the Materials table in METRIC. Even going into the Material Table there's NO DATA in the Density of ANY OF THE MATERIALS

density.png

But if you change the Part's UNITS to Imperial, you'll see this...

density ansi.png

But if you then convert the PART back to Metric UNITS, it'll show up.

density again.png

Looks like a BUG or something is not right.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I think this is more an issur of mass propetties then a mistake or error.

The picture shows kg/mm3 what means thst You will see density values invthe 6 decimal place but not before.

The final picture IMHO will produce totally wrong results when one mm3 will have 2.3 kg

Haveca look on the dimension properies.

regards
Wolfgang

Hello Mr BobMileti Good morning.

1.png

1. change units mm to inch

2.png

2. Rechange unit inch to mm 

but its looks like a first version.

Also cant assembly with any anchor.

Can you fix and resend to me my 3d model Mr. Bob Mileti.???

I mean this 3d car model is just one part. i want assembly this model in (.Asm) but this part cant work in (.Asm) If i redraw this engine model again use one month. Pls try to assembly in (.Asm) and attach to me.

motor 12.jpg

Best regards

Your Friend Electron jaal

Thank you Mr BobMileti

I fixed model assemblying

Asm4.jpg

Best regards 

Your frienda

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'm curious as to what the solution was here. Bob's method did nothing when I tried it.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

Bruce,

I'm not sure it worked with mine either... all I found curious is seeing zero density in the Metric data, but after switching to Imperial, then back, it showed up correct.

This may have been because my machine "re-loaded" the Materials table locally, whereas the model contained bad data.

Bob

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe but I would think my materials table would reload as well if that is what happened.

Even when the properties dialog says the density is ".283" for example, update does nothing and the mass stays at zero along with volume and surface area.

Edit: This part appears to be just surfaces and curves.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200