.pwd What is it?

Hey guys I been working with a model from a client , when i open certain parts , they show me an extension .pwd that i had never seen .

Does anybody knows what kind of step do i need to take to create one ?

Or any documentation from solid edge.

I attached the image to show the screen

5 REPLIES

Re: .pwd What is it?

Copied from Solid Edge Help:

Legacy Weldment Document (.PWD)

Specifies that a (.PWD) document template is used when creating weldment documents. This option should only be set if you are completing a weldment design project that was started in Solid Edge version 17 or earlier.Solid Edge no longer delivers the .pwd weldment template files. Please contact GTAC Support if you need access to these templates.

For new weldment design projects, you should set the New Assembly Weldment Document (.ASM) option. New commands and enhanced capabilities are available when working with weldment designs in the Assembly environment.

As an aside to this, is there now any point in the .psm template ?

Are there commands available when using a .psm that are not available if you start with a .par and then "switch to sheet metal" ?

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

@beachcomber, One is I don't think you can change thickness with the gage table.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

@bshand - not exactly sure, but everything looks the same to me.

When I switch to sheet metal I still get 3 the same options under Material.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

@beachcomber  You indeed cannot change thickness using the gage table. If they fix that I don't know what else there is.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200