quantities are wrong on some bolts, nuts....what am I doing wrong?

So I've got a hopper assembly, and in it there are some bolts and nuts. The majority of these I have set in the occurence properties to not display in draft views, but I have it set to include in physical properties and assembly reports. But my quatity in the B.O.M. displays as only 1, when ther should be 20 total.

Am I confused? The parts that I've elected to not display in drafts are all part of a pattern, but like I said I have the occurence properties set to display in assembly reports and physical properties, etc.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"
3 REPLIES

Re: quantities are wrong on some bolts, nuts....what am I doing wrong?

Do you have the Parts List set to only include whats being shown in the drawing view(s)?

Also, is each pattern instance's occurence properties set the same as the parent part?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

If you look in Property Manager in your assembly model you will see a * against two columns - Reports/Parts Lists and Drawing Views.

Now look at the bottom left - it tells you that setting NO for either will remove the occurrence from the draft parts list.

That is the problem.

You need to have Drawing Views set to YES for any parts that are required in the parts list.

If you really dont want them in the view then you will have to either create a view config that excludes them or hide them in the drawing view properties in the draft file.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.