Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Clipped" Dimensions in Draft

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to show a "clipped" dimension in a detail view of a draft?

Using the symmetric diameter callout, a user can dimension from the centerline of a main view to the diameter of a detail view, and the diameter will show as "clipped" in the detail view.  I'd like to do this with a linear dimension.

Siemens should really expand on the symmetric diameter function.  It could be used for more than diameters.

Thanks,

Matt

4 REPLIES

Betreff: "Clipped" Dimensions in Draft

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MattS

I think this also is not really a problem

Create Your linear dimension as You said from main view to the detail view and then set the projection line and dimension line to not visible.

Finally a move of the dimension text to the wanted position.

Voila

See video :

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Hope this helps

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @MattS

another way would be to use the symmetric diameter dimension as mentioned before, but then You can suppress the diameter symbol within the properties.

20170817_2057.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @MattS

and a thirt option would be to use a "Coordinate Dimension" but here You would have a "0" dimension at the origin, but this IMHO makes the draft better readable and understandable.

In genereal I would like to say there are enough functions and methods to create Your wanted dimension

I hope You will agree

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thanks Wolfgang... I forgot about the alt features on the dimension line handles. That works best I think as you can just delete the extension line and change the arrows to double pretty easily.

Thanks,

Matt