Solved! Go to solution

"Draw in View" crashes SE

Yesterday, while I was in a "Draw in View" of Draft environment, I was making a quick Ribbon customization to make "Extend to Next" more readily accessable (I have no idea why they moved it under Split command.

When I hit save to save that setting, SE crashed on me.  When I finally got SE back open, I went back to my drawing to edit the view I was in with Draw in View.  Well, it crashed again!

No matter what view I "Draw in View" in now, SE crashes on me.

I am on ST7, MP8.  I have made my VAR aware of the situation and he is working on it, but I wanted to be proactive in trying to find a solution.  Any idea.  It sounds like a registry has become corrupt or something, but Im not about to go messing with those or I may have more issues than I have now.  

I tried to repair using Windows, but I do not have access to the .MSI file.

Owner: Scott Lester Drafting & Design
Designer: Rotork Instuments
2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by LauraWatson (Community Manager)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: "Draw in View" crashes SE

Sounds like it may be the menu customization that you did.  These are stored in:  C:\Users\youraccountname\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 108\Customization   You should see your Theme that you created/modified.  I would just move it to another folder and then start SE back up and try the Draw in View again to see if it crashes.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Re: "Draw in View" crashes SE

[ Edited ]

Thank you for that answer!  It worked like a charm.  Luckily I had another copy of that XML file in the 106 folder from ST6.  I would have hated to have to setup my Ribbon again.

It must have corrupted that file since it crashed upon saving the Ribbon theme.

Owner: Scott Lester Drafting & Design
Designer: Rotork Instuments