Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"File Corrupt"

Not applicable

I tried launching my downloaded solid edge software (side note: they provided me with ST3 and not ST4) and it said "file corrupt" and was not able to launch... What is my corrective action? can or how do I re-download the software (and hopefully get ST4 this time)???

-Joe

3 REPLIES

Re: "File Corrupt"

Not applicable
Hi Joe,

Although I have not tried this myself...why not just go through the whole sign-up/download procedure again from scratch.

Not sure why you'd get an ST3 download....my 17yo son downloaded & installed it on a basic spec laptop, and he is already doing some good things on it.....I keep wanting to put my 2 cents worth (over his shoulder) in, but he does get it, just on a different level. (probably better...)
Maybe I can send him into the office in my place, and I'll just go play on the water. :-)

-
Sean.C

On 9/6/2011 5:59 PM, Jchief457@gmail.com wrote:
I tried launching my downloaded solid edge software (side note: they provided me with ST3 and not ST4) and it said "file corrupt" and was not able to launch... What is my corrective action? can or how do I re-download the software (and hopefully get ST4 this time)??? -Joe

Not applicable
Read this and try the link that i have given...
Siemens ask for student registration before downloading. After registration, they send a link to your email id and also SE License.txt as an attachment to the same email. The link provided into email from Siemens is valid for download in 24 hours only : just check that link carefully... it will contain following link as a part of download link...
if you want to download solidedge st4 directly and in more than 24 hours(especially when using low speed internet), then use this link (paste it in browser address bar) :
http://dl2.plm.automation.siemens.com/solidedge/SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit.exe
address in above link (after http://) dl2.plm.automation.siemens.com/solidedge/SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit.exe
and don't forget to get valid student license for above copy of st4, by registering yourself on siemens website... ignore if u have received license... license file do not have 24 hr restriction....
hope you will be able to download st4 now...

Not applicable
I got the same "file is corrupt" error. I downloaded it within 24 hrs, and I have tried creating a new account with a different username. I'm about to try the link you sent.