Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"File is corrupt". Not able to install SE

N/A

Hey everybody, this is Mike. I would like some help, please!
I downloaded the SE student version and I got the license key, so I tried to install it! But when I double click on the .exe file an error message would come up saying "File is corrupt" and by hitting "ok" on that window the installing process does not even start. So I disabled both antivirus and firewall, shut down the laptop and started over again and again, but nothing. I re-downloaded the .exe file and looked around the forum but, so far, I could not find a post that could solve my problem.
Can you please redirect me to an existing post that may help me out, or reply to this one?

In case you need it, I'm working on a windows 7, i7.

Thank you very much!

6 REPLIES

Re: "File is corrupt". Not able to install SE

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Hi Mike,
Seems to me like you're on the right path, and taking good steps to find a solution.
...but once you have disabled your Firewall/Antivirus, don't do a restart, rather, continue in that session....right click on the ".EXE" file and choose "Run as Administrator", as this temporarily alters UAC for that action in Windows 7. This should allow you to install.
Hope that helps.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

N/A
Hey Sean,
thanks for the answer. I did as you said, but, despite any positive expectation, it did not work. I still get the error window titled "Extraction failed", with inside of it "File is corrupt". My question is: when does this message have to show up, according to SE programmers?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
And it is entirely possible that per the error message the downloaded
file is corrupt. It is known to happen. Try downloading the file again.
-Dave
On 10/10/2012 21:00, michele.calloni@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hey Sean,
> thanks for the answer. I did as you said, but, despite any positive
> expectation, it did not work. I still get the error window titled
> "Extraction failed", with inside of it "File is corrupt". My question
> is: when does this message have to show up, according to SE programmers?
>
>

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Yes, as Dave says....it's the most likely account for the message.
If you are on a slower, or fragile, internet connection....this will also contribute to file corruption at download. You could try using a download manager, or use Mozilla FireFox browser, it has one built in.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

N/A
I already did what you guys said, but I still get the message. I'll work on it and let the forum know when I have good results

N/A
Hey Michele,

same exact issue with my SE file. I have a strong and fast internet connection so I doubt anything went wrong during the download process. Once I start extracting it, it stops at 60% and comes up with an error message saying the file is corrupted. I'm working on W7 i5, 64bit. I've already contacted the SE team and received no reply. I NEVER had this issue with Autodesk Student Editions . So far, extremely disappointed!