"OFFSET" command issue

Legend
Legend

ST9, latest MP..

Anyone else notice the offset command not behaving the same as previously when interpart copies or constructions surfaces are showing?

In sheetmetal when making a normal to surface cut I typically have a simple square that is "included" from another mating part, I make this square a "construction" line instead of profile, then "offset" it to create a slightly larger square.  Issue is when there's interpart copies visible the offset command only offsets 2 or 3 of the 4 lines, if I hide the inter-part copies it behaves correctly. "Chain" is selected, only difference is show/hide constructions.

I'm offsetting from the copy as a way to create a larger cutout than the mating part for cutting tolerances and ease part fitment, typical offset is .005.  

Can't remember if the constructions will show if I only supply the single part? just a broken link I think, but visible.

-Craig
5 REPLIES

Re: "OFFSET" command issue

Legend
Legend

.. had to edit the attachment as it wasn't correct for those that saw the square cutout had interference with interpart copy

-Craig

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Craig,

I spotted that interference, and figured it was still a work in progress, as per your updated version.......I never actually encountered an issue with the offset of the includes like you described though. Is it still occuring for you?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Legend
Legend

Sean this has been an issue since an update or MP install for the past 8 months I'm guessing, could be much longer though. I've simply learned to simply hide the construction surfaces.  We're yuo able to re-create the same issue?

-Craig

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Craig,

Sorry, I have been, and am currently, totally slammed with work.

From the quick look I gave it yesterday, I was able to place new includes as construction & make chained offset's to them, as I normally use this little trick also.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Legend
Legend

Here's a video of the "offset" issue I run into.(next tim I'll show entire work area) Basically as stated above I can't use the "chain" option when selecting items to offset unless construction surfaces are hidden. I've yet to contact GTAC about this as it's been minor, but wondered if I was the only one.

-Craig