Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Standard" Electrical Wire Subassy

Phenom
Phenom

So I was asked if there is a way to take an assembly that consists of electrical connectors along with their wire harness "wires" and use them as "flexible" parts.(edit- oops used the NX term "adjustable" parts.)

If you build a library of the standard assemblies in a flat format and have your wires set to a fixed size can this assembly be "adjustable"? What you would do is to add your stanard sub-assy and then move the connectors into place using "adjustable" features. I'm not sure if this can be applied to component locations??

If not then we are left with adding the standard assembly and then renaming the assembly after we move the connectors around to fit the design.

Looking for any advice on this topic.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES

Re: "Standard" Electrical Wire Subassy

Genius
Genius

Hello,

In TC enviroment I have the same problem. One ID of subassemblie and a lot of fiction IDs to put into different assemblies.

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7

Phenom
Phenom

I'm not a TC expert by any means but I recall that Inside of TC you should be able to assign alternate representations assigned to the item master? That would solve my problem but I don't have TC.

Genius
Genius

Hello,

In reference to what you had wroted in first post and work in SE and useing adjustable assemblies with electric wires maked module in SE to meke them. In TC there are workorund as You saw it, but this is not complete solution. Electric wires should react to adjustable assemblies.

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7