I want to create diagonal of rectangle every time when i draw rectangle with center rectangle.
is it possible in solidworks
Go to Solution.
I am a former SW user, I understand your habits.
No you cannot draw diagonal lines automatically. You can create them separatelly drawing them.
For your better sleep I would suggest to leave you SW habits home and focus to learn SE from scratch.
I was frustrated as you at the begining but every CAD is worth to learn , especially SE - which after my experience is a better ONE.
Agree with what @arekkul said.
For just this case, try the Rectangle-Centerlines macro which works in both Draft and Sketcher,
available from my download page:
1. It is the third in the Free Apps list.
2. A video is also available next to the download.
3. The download zip also contains an image which you can use on a button on the ribbon.
4. A detailed tutorial on how the program was coded is also available here:
5. Scroll down to the 3rd topic under MakerFaire section.
6. If you need, here's a link to the steps on how to add the macro to a ribbon button using the provided image for the button in Solid Edge:
Hope you like the macro and also find it useful.
7. If you are on FaceBook, join the Solid Edge user's group mentioned below - there were 776 Solid Edge topics last year alone.
Solid Edge Users Facebook Group - Let's Sync
Finally I could not resist posting the UI of the program:
Isin't it more feature rich than the one in SolidWorks ?