I'm I doing something wrong. I put in the old server path: \\seats-netappb\ and gave it the new server path: \\seats-na-cifs\, but when it got done processing 76,000 files it did zero fixes.
Does it need to full (complete) file path in order to make the corrections? Full path looks more like this: \\seats-netappb\ProductionDrawings\515.
normally this should be OK so.
A full path wasnot necessary in the past and also doesn't make any sense.
Otherwise You have to define every single path in Your server structure.
No, it seems that here is wrong something else .
According to tech support you should include the share name along with the server name when using the redefine links option.
I think I figured out our problem. We purposely add an "x" to the end of the file name so it makes it obvious that one should not use a particular rev. So in essense we create a broken link. The problem with that is on files that had a path to our old server, or even the new server, the redefine links will not correct themselves because if it was looking for \\seats-na-cifs\ProductionDrawings\515\515986-01.psm it cannot find it because the 515986-01.psm had been renamed (outside of Design manager) to 515986-01x.psm.
There should be an error file named "ReDefLinksErr.txt" in the folder containing the file you are processing that should tell you why it failed.
Example in the dialog shows including a common folder in both paths that still exists in the new location. I've used the ST9 Redifine Links succesfully when I switched servers.
Attached is the text file.
I believe the issue is now that the - \\seats-na-cifs\ProductionDrawings\515\515012-00.dft - 1 Replacements made with problems
Could not find \\SEATS-NA-CIFS\PRODUCTIONDRAWINGS\515\515012-00.par
It is looking for 515012-00.par and it doesn't exist as that. The file name is now 515012-00x.par.