Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

redefine links in Design Manager doesn't appear to be working.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm I doing something wrong.  I put in the old server path: \\seats-netappb\ and gave it the new server path: \\seats-na-cifs\, but when it got done processing 76,000 files it did zero fixes.

Does it need to full (complete) file path in order to make the corrections?  Full path looks more like this: \\seats-netappb\ProductionDrawings\515.

4 REPLIES

Betreff: redefine links in Design Manager doesn't appear to be working.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MikeSaari

normally this should be OK so.

A full path wasnot necessary in the past and also doesn't make any sense.

Otherwise You have to define every single path in Your server structure.

No, it seems that here is wrong something else .

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: redefine links in Design Manager doesn't appear to be working.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

According to tech support you should include the share name along with the server name when using the redefine links option.

I think I figured out our problem.  We purposely add an "x" to the end of the file name so it makes it obvious that one should not use a particular rev.  So in essense we create a broken link.  The problem with that is on files that had a path to our old server, or even the new server, the redefine links will not correct themselves because if it was looking for \\seats-na-cifs\ProductionDrawings\515\515986-01.psm it cannot find it because the 515986-01.psm had been renamed (outside of Design manager) to 515986-01x.psm.

515986 revs.JPG

Re: redefine links in Design Manager doesn't appear to be working.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

There should be an error file named "ReDefLinksErr.txt" in the folder containing the file you are processing that should tell you why it failed.

Example in the dialog shows including a common folder in both paths that still exists in the new location.  I've used the ST9 Redifine Links succesfully when I switched servers.

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Re: redefine links in Design Manager doesn't appear to be working.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Attached is the text file.

I believe the issue is now that the -  \\seats-na-cifs\ProductionDrawings\515\515012-00.dft - 1 Replacements made with problems
Could not find \\SEATS-NA-CIFS\PRODUCTIONDRAWINGS\515\515012-00.par

It is looking for 515012-00.par and it doesn't exist as that.  The file name is now 515012-00x.par.