revision cloud and fill up a revision table

Hi 

Is it possible to autmatically to fill up a table and next question what's about revisopn cloud because I don't see any option Smiley Sad I know that SIEMENS created extension but is other way to do this?

Thansk

5 REPLIES

Re: revision cloud and fill up a revision table

This can be done with Tables and Callouts, i would expect any decent reseller to sort this out of you. 

We have ours show it only shows the latest 4 revisions even when there are more but these can be viewed when the table is opened up fully. 

Another idea which we use is to embed a Excel document using the binder command to log drawing/model changed between official revisions. 

PM me if you need more help

ST8 MP11 / ST9 MP02

[ Edited ]

Hi,

@ChrisMorgan: Could you attach any example for both way?

brosscorp wrote:

what's about revisopn cloud because I don't see any option.

A custom solution for the Revision Cloud is available if your company wants to purchase.

Here's a video of how it works:

[ Edited ]

@Tushar: I am interested in free of charge solution only. I am not interested in how we can create note but I am interested in how automatically fill up a revision table.

Hi @Father

for filling  a Revision table more or less automatically, You can use my free macro SE_Revision.

As in many of my macros most settings can be controlled via the INI file.

There also are Englsih explanations included, which should give You the necessary info about how to use and what You can set here.

You need a table with a certain name (see in INI under NAME) which must be in the draft.

I will read that columns and bring them into a small form.

For adding new lines pres New and the macro will use the Revision index of the draft, the current date and the name of the current user.

See the end of the INI, where long system user names can be shortend to table user names or letters.

I will translate them automatically

Also there can be a maxium number of lines, so if the rev tab is inside the title block it will not be extended out of it.

Give it a try and I hope it helps.

20170721_1252.PNG

regards
Wolfgang