showing bends in dft

Hi,

Sometimes I need to make a dft of a part without specific bends showing up in the dft. I've tried to save a "view" as I would also do when I need to show some detailed cross sections in a dft but that doesn't work, ones I unsuppress the bend again in my model, It also updates in the dft.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Andy

4 REPLIES

Re: showing bends in dft

Can try broke the link for the 3D model and the 2D drafting (Right click in 2D drafting > Convert to 2D view). Means when you update your 3D model, the 2D drafting will not updated. Not sure whether this is what you are looking for.

This could be a solution but I'd rather keep the link to 3d and 2d files as the parts change ones in a while.. Isn't there a way to show the part in dft with some bends suppressed without breaking the link between 3d model and 2d dft?

Hi Andy,

Did you spot the solution provided by @chrisstandring in this post....[I think this would cover what you're looking to dohttp://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Removing-Cutouts-from-a-Flattened-Pa...

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

I have not tried it, but you might be able to leverage familiy of parts to do what you want. One member would be fully formed and the other would be partially flat as you need it.

I don't know if that is a workable solution for you or not but it would keep everything linked up. I am not a big fan of family of parts, but it might be the only work around for you in this situation. Remember that the master of the family of parts should never be used in another model. Only the child parts should ever be used downstream.  

HTH,

Bob Henry

Manager of Engineering - Highwall Miners
Caterpillar Global Mining LLC
Houston, PA