single-curve option in the 3D include command similiar to the derived curve

Hello everybody!

I need a opinion from you:

Inside the new 3D Sketch environment of ST7 there is the possibility to include any edge or any sketch element with the 3D Include command. This is a very good enhancement to create a new three dimensional curve or sketch on the basis of existing elements.

But the result is a curve / sketch consists of many single lines and arcs. You can not create a single curve like it is possible in the derived-curve command with the option single-curve.

It would be very useful to have this option also in the 3D Include command. In example to create a plane normal to a single curve created by the 3D Include command. Today, the only way is to create a new part file where you have the possibility to include elements to a single-curve...

anyone agree with this?

regards, 

Carsten Oestmann 

PS: sorry about my english....

8 REPLIES

Re: single-curve option in the 3D include command similiar to the derived curve

Hi Carsten,

I believe you can pick the full curve when using it in a command like sweep with the help of Quickpick.

I don't have access to ST 7 currently so that is a guess, may be you can try and confirm.

Regards,

Tushar

Hi,

If I understand crystal clear, yes, you are right, but there is a solution. You have to use Derived curve command for that sketch. It works well!

Here is a short video:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Thank you both for the reply!

But, @Tushar, no you can not use this included curve for the plane alone curve :-(

And, @Imics, i need this in the assembly environment... there is no derived curve command :-( So i thought, why is the option single-curve not implemented in the 3D Include command ?!? It looks like the same command as the derived curve...

CO

Assembly environ; now i understand your original line - the only way is to create a new part.

You are right Carsten, even with 2D curve, if it is created in one single sketch command, it can be used as path and if there are connected and tangent continuous curves created using multiple sketch commands, they cannot be used as a path.

Same should hold good for 3D curve. Is the curve you are handling created using single 3D curve command or multiple ?

~Tushar

Hi,

Ohhh, I understand! You are right? I suggest asking an ER for this!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

@Tushar: It depends on... sometimes single curve; sometimes multiple. But it is not only annoying to put this into a new part to have a single-derived-curve, if i want to change to curve a little bit i have to jump into the part to do this - i can not do this in the assembly env. where iam working... :-/

ER is open :-)

Could you both do me a favor? Can you also file an IR on this? 

Thanks, regards

Carsten Oestmann

@CarstenOestmann  here's an opportunity to take the issue directly to Siemens.

~Tushar

Good point! Thanks :-)