solid edge ST9 application menu/print menu very slow

Hi,

we recently moved to ST9 and we noticed that the application menu and mainly the paper print menu are very slow when clicked, if the last printer used is not reachable by the computer

This happens very often when using mobile workstations, that are moving between different locations (and so using different printers)

somebody experienced this problem?

is there some solution?

thanks in advance

BR

Ettore

3 REPLIES

Re: solid edge ST9 application menu/print menu very slow

Yes, I noticed this when switching to ST9. My solution has been to work around using the application menu. I have a print icon in my quick access toolbar, and I use the data management tab to get to the other stuff I used to use the application menu for, like edit links, file properties, etc. I've also put in my quick access toolbar an open file icon.

Hope this helps. It's annoying to get used to but in the end I like it better.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

What I liked better about the pre-ST9 application button function was that you could right click an app like properties, print, property manager, etc., and add it to the quick access toolbar. Now you have to use the customize workflow.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

@bonora_e_proxi This is a known issue and I believe it is going to be addressed in a future maintenance patch.  It's interesting that this UI was used as a result of chasing the MS Office , but when using the Office products the same UI style in those products responds almost instantly, so I'm confused as to why the one used in Solid Edge is so lethargic...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10