solid edge layers that don't print

Does Solid Edge have the ability to create a layer that will display while in a draft, but then not print out?  We used to use this feature in AutoCAD as a way to put a helpful note onto the print which was used to help out the other engineers.

5 REPLIES

Re: solid edge layers that don't print

I know the alignment objects fall into this catagory (LIke Defpoints for AutoCAD), but not aware of anything else.

I think the only way to make a layer not print is to hide it prior to printing.  Otherwise, we just put notes off to the side outside of the drawing area which do not print under normal printing conditions and do not save to PDF either.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

You can make layers as many as you like. But i don't think you can do this like you want to do this in SE like in autoCAD. But it's possible to do it manually by show/hide the layer.

But there's still something saying to me you could do this but I'm not certain of it.

In previous releases we did have a layer auto hide for geometry drawn by the command draw in view...it seems to be gone now, but I don't know why...

Hopefully someone else can clarify this. Maybe RB of siemens

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge STX user

It is still there in ST7.  You won't see the "Auto-Hide" layer unless you are in the Draw In View environment or 2D Model Sheet environment.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Basically what I'm looking for is the AutoHide layer on the working sheet.  I would like it to work like the layer defpoints did in AutoCAD as it comes in handy.