Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solid edge st7,st6 student version crashlogf

Experimenter
Experimenter

welcome, J can t create anything , when J finished sketch and J am trying to extrude geometry display termination log and then solid edge turn off. Reinstal didn t repair this error. Please help

12 REPLIES

Re: solid edge st7,st6 student version crashlogf

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Based on your symptoms, I would guess that your graphics card is not up to the task.  What graphics card do you have?

Couple things to try:

• Upgrade your graphics driver and if that doesn't help...
  • In Solid Edge Options, View tab, in the upper right corner in the Application Display area uncheck the "Automatic Selection and then change the setting to "Backing store".

If the second option works, then your graphics card is not adequate to run SE.  You might then try to use the Direct 3D or Basic options which may work and run a little faster, but would still not be optimal.

graphic options.png

Ken

Production: ST10 MP7
Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have amd readeon HD 8250 driver (12.102.1.1200)The windows says that it is current version.I did yours advices but it didn t change anything.Do you propose other steps which remove my problem?

AMD says this is the latest driver... 14.301.1001

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

Ken

Experimenter
Experimenter

You re right Smiley Wink, now I have 14.301.1001.0 version, unfortunalely this update didn t remove a error.Do you have any ideas?

try switching to "Software Driven" .

Ken

Experimenter
Experimenter

How to do it?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I switched to software driven, not help

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I was wondering if this issue has been resolved. It seems that I am having very similar problem judging by the attached crashlog. Not sure if I was supposed to start a new thread – this is my first time here.

I am trying to use the 45day trial version of ST7, have considerably newly built system:

GPU:                                     GeForce GTX 780

GeForce GTX 780 (SLI)

CPU:                                     Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Memory:                                32.00 GB RAM

Current resolution:                  1920 x 1080, 60Hz

Driver version:                         347.25

Operating system:                  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

It is very unlikely that my graphics arrangement cannot handle Solid Edge… That said, I did try all the suggestions above on tweaking the Application Display settings – no change.

The crash is very reproducible and always happens after the Extrude – Extent Step (ordered) is done by either keying in the number for the distance or by clicking it with the mouse. Same result after the corresponding step in the synchronous environment as well. I tried it with new parts as well as modifying the existing parts – the crash is always at the same step.

One section in the crashlog seems strange (but not common with the above log) – it reports 8191.99GB of virtual memory – in reality I do not have a single hard drive that has 8TB of contiguous space…

Thank you for your help.

Hi there, and welcome....

Sorry to hear you are unable to launch the 45 trial as expected. [speaking of which, there is a specific forum area for this, so best posted over there...rather than the Student Edition forum] Now, while your system is obviously a well spec'd gaming machine, I hold serious doubt as to the abilities of the consumer graphics cards and/or their drivers. A single Quadro FX2000 would be far superior, Where Solid Edge is concerned, to the GTX 780's in SLI. Have you tried dropping down to running on a single card?

Clearly, the reduction of the application control over the display adaptor[s] has no effect....harder solutions seem the next logical step.

By comparison though, my system has performed amazingly well, and is only a little 12" tablet, packing the Intel HD5000 on chip graphics. I would love your CPU GHz on here though.  Robot wink

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000