Solved! Go to solution

solid edge viewer of Android

I installed the viewer on my phone. now, how in heck you use it? how do you open files? i search around and got no good answer

34 REPLIES

Re: solid edge viewer of Android

Hi,

I suggest to send your data (.set) to your cellphone in e-mail. This works well.

This can be useful for you:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Due to the file size of some of them, I load our ".SEV" files onto our staff's devices directly, via USB connection, saving them into the "Downloads" folder.....I also un-check the "Show sample files" and the viewer only lists the files I have placed there.

This app really has evolved, in a good sense, the way the sales team and more importantly, our fabrication staff, think about the CAD data we create.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

And the Apple folks say:  "USB???"   Smiley LOL

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Well again these .sev files. Had same thing with free viewer. I was able to get it to work. Looks very cool and all but, it's lacking a lot. I was looking for something that could view our dft and assm files without converting them. Also was hoping to view a dft while on the floor if i was able to connect to the network. I'm not going to maintain two different file extensions of the same file. Someone showed me the Solid Works version of the free viewer. All I can say is WOW. Someone may be able to tell me here if they have to convert to a different file extension before viewing?

I would love to see something lot more for Android phones and tablets

Looks like where behind the 8 ball here. There's E Drawings for SolidWorks for tablet and mobile, no E Drawings for Solid Edge on the mobile or tablet. Is this something tha's being worked on? The current mobile viewer doesn't cut it

So the E-drawings Viewer is CAD agnostic and will run on a tablet.  E-drawings Publisher is specific to the CAD system and there is one for Solid Edge if you want to use it (http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/ed/edrawings-publisher-solid-edge.htm).

If you want to view Solid Edge files natively, you can install the Solid Edge Viewe,r but only on the Windows desktop OS's.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

I have E-Drawings on my computer for solid edge drawings. The problem i'm runing in to is every e-drawing i find for tablet is for Solid Works. even the one on my Andriod is for Solid Works. i just loaded to see if i could choose file typ, it's all solid works.

As far as I can see, it is doing [& well] exactly what is design to do, "view" Solid Edge files on a "mobile" device...what's more it's "free". There is always a wish list of enhancments to any application, so it may develop further at some point.

Whenever necessary, as not all jobs are complicated enough to required these supporting files, I create 3 versions of the project...assemblies for both normal & exploded 3D models, and the multi-sheet daft file.

I don't see how maintaining these ".SEV" files is any different from maintaining the E-Drawings files.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

I guess when you come in blind and shown a product from a VP that open Soild Works files.

you can do amazing things with these files. i'm then told he wants to view solid edge files the same way. I then download SE mobile Viewer for Android. Yes, it looks cool and all. if you just neeed the 2D it works perfect. 3D you can spin and hide parts, ok fine. far as i know you can't dim a assy to see inner parts. I guess i was expecting more after seing what solidworks could do.

maintaning te SEV files. I have fun enough time mainting what i have. For now it's going to be request only.