Highlighted

solidedge

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

can anybody know me what are the capabilities of solid edge Foundation & solid edge classic in terms of simulation also like to know can we do fatigue simulation in premium ??

6 REPLIES

Betreff: solidedge

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Rahulk

this IMHO seems to be an easy answer.

With Foundation there is no Simulation included in Solid Edge.

Classic has the Simulation Express module with it, where the capabilities are rather limited.

Simulation only is possible for a single part with limited linear analysis of stress and natural frequency

Only force and pressure is possible as load, no connection due to no simulation in ASM

Also the post processing features are not to high.

This together makes the difference to Premium

regards
Wolfgang

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Rahulk  Just to expand on what @hawcad mentioned, you can add a Simulation license to Classic without purchasing Premium which comes with Simulation.

I do not believe Simulation can do fatigue analysis.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @KennyG

Yes, thanks for this additional info about Simulation as stand alone module for SE.

The only reason why I didn't mention this is, that the price for Simulation only is much higher than for an Premium Upgrade.

So therefore I recomment to upgrade rather than by the Simulation alone.

Wether or not You will use xPresRoute and Harness design, You will have them too.

regards
Wolfgang

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@hawcadFor us, we use floating licensing and only need a handful of Simulation or XpressRoute so we have a few licenses of each for our ~150 users.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Thanks a lot, both of you! 

if we compare with Solidworks simulation as they use to propose SolidWorks professional ( cad)with SolidWorks simulation standard for motion, fatigue simulation. for such kind of prospect who is looking for SE cad at classic level & motion & fatigue simulation what should we propose?

if we compare with Solidworks simulation as they use to propose SolidWorks professional ( cad)with SolidWorks simulation standard for motion, fatigue simulation. for such kind of prospect who is looking for SE cad at classic level & motion & fatigue simulation what should we propose?