Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subassembly parts dont show in main assembly.

Creator
Creator

hi,

I am facing this problem,when a migrated assembly get opened in solid edge.

Sub assemblies get opened properly with all parts but when i insert this into main assembly some parts dont show in main assembly.

i also try occurance properties,which parts get hidden. And check out the top level occurance.

This will not help me.

Please give solution

3 REPLIES

Re: subassembly parts dont show in main assembly.

Phenom
Phenom

There is a bug in SE ST9 that goes back many releases where you need to go into the part and SAVE it again. Then close the Assembly and try again.

This is a problem with Solid Edge not updating correctly.... things get stuck. and need a save to fix them. Sometimes just a "ALT U" (update can do the trick but not always. I need to do this dozens of times a day.

GTAC tells me to send the them the model... but of course it won't help them because once I save the Assembly, the problem obviously goes away. If I had more time I'd send them videos of this.

Also Parts don't update themselves and after moving faces or holes on a model, the old vestiges are still active and once again you have to SAVE or "ALT U" to fix things.

I'm tired of calling GTAC on this.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

A few things can help:

Look at your settings for small medium and large models. Each case is determined by part count and can then be managed differently depending on your part complexity and computer power.

One problem I have is a few imported models are surface only models. I hate taking the extra step to turn on surfaces. Before ST8 surfaces would always show up by default. Now they don't. But for this I think I just need to change a setting in my templates.

And recently I have had part just not like to show up at all, but again typically from imported models. I did not take the time to test different settings during the import process that may have helped the issue.

Now updating is another issue. If one small part has a single sketch with a detached dim reference, the entire model will have problem updating. Not very robust sometimes. Even if everything is right, I can have to go through the update cycle twice (update weight, update all open documents, update relations, save, repeat). Sometimes its a fight to make the box go away from views in draft that implies everything is good with the model.

Legend
Legend

Bob,

I have this same problem often with our models and have yet to figure out any specific thing that seems to be in common enough to make it repeteable. Often the case is closing solidedge and opening the offending assembly or draft works but not always, sometimes we have to go down to that specific assembly and open, save and close each sub part first then update the assembly. Even with all that we often see the draft showing out of date or missing parts in the assembly until SE is again closed and reopened.

This has happened on ST7 and ST9 at various patch levels.