Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching from Inch to MM projects

Phenom
Phenom

I'm working on a project for the next week, and everything needs to be with designed in metric measurements. I've setup a style, so I can view dual units (mm and inch), but I have to keep turning on my basic SE settings for my new psm to be in metric.

I know it can't be this tough to switch back and forthe, but I'm not sure where to turn...............

Hmm, now to finger out how to make my flat pattern size shown in inches too...........

4 REPLIES 4

Re: switching from Inch to MM projects

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Create a new template file with the Units set to "mm" and then pick that template when you create a new file.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks, didn't even consider that.

Now, on my drafts, I'd like the flat pattern to read in inches. Is there something I can do with the formula to have it read out in inches?

%{Flat_Pattern_Model_CutSizeY
|R1} X %{Flat_Pattern_Model_CutSizeX
|R1}

@Trikefreak  I think your best bet would be to create another exposed variable that references the generated cut sizes and converts them to inch for use in the Draft.  I do not believe there is any format code for switching units... Should be though.

Again, set up in your template Smiley Wink

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

@KennyG wrote:

I do not believe there is any format code for switching units... Should be though.

I agree. I thought there was but I could only come up with a code for dual unit display.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200