synch sheemetal cutting

What I think is too simple does not work.
Attach photos..
A synchronous sheet metal environment. ST9 MP8

Could you explain why?

cut.png

file Attach

6 REPLIES

Re: synch sheemetal cutting

Hi there @Hclee,

Try deleting your "Close Corner" procedural features......it then works as expected.

One other way to achieve what you're doing here, is to apply a small "Break Corner" on those edges, and then use the "Replace Face" command, to match the R20......just a touch faster than creating the sketches.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

hi sean...

---------------------------------

One other way to achieve what you're doing here, is to apply a small "Break Corner" on those edges, and then use the "Replace Face" command, to match the R20......just a touch faster than creating the sketches.

---------------------------------------------------

good tip!! thankyou..

I know that synchronous is not affected by history ...
Are you being influenced?
Hmm ... It's tough ...

Hi @Hclee,

I use both Synchronous & Ordered modes on a regular basis, and just treat it as another tool, or command to use, so I can get the job done in a manner that suits how it will be used, and modified.....typically I work in Ordered mode, but Synchronous is just too fast at creating geometry, that it simply cannot be ignored.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Betreff: synch sheemetal cutting

Hi @Hclee

besides all the hints You got from @SeanCresswell so far, I can imageine that this will result in a Non-Manifold-Body situation as long as YOu are cutting into the existing bend radius.

Try to change the cut option to "Extend to the Next" and give this a try.

Maybe this will work too

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: synch sheemetal cutting

HI @Hclee

just tried it here using the extend to next and this does a pretty good job.

See video

And besides this, look how I created the necessary sketch.

There is no need for the outer lines and a somple project does it by itself.

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

And you have found what I have been complaining about for years.

the ONLY way to get material inside/between the flanges with with the close corner commands.

the ONLY way to cut that added conner material with with cuts that are normal to the bend radius starting from the intersection of close corner flanges flat patterns. You can either unbend-cut or use cut all the way through (normal cuts don't work) and then edit the flat again to make up from non-flat cut edges.

I have brought this up in about 6 threads and have a large number of IR's ER's relating to the subject.