Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: time saver: Revision manager

Legend
Legend
Alessandro.

I know I can do this in the file-open window.
Same applies for opening things in SE from the file-open window in RM.
--------------------------------------------------
Marc Boom
marc.boom@outlook.com

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I really don't even understand what the hell View and Markup is supposed to be used for, but I use revision manager constantly.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

To me, the main issue here is being able to rename and move files (manage files/parts in general) for an open design document. At least this is what I desire.

It drives me crazy I can use the old "Save as" to make a copy of a model file with all links in tact to both the new and old model file.

Phenom
Phenom

IR en ER nummer: 7614383

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge 2019 & AutoCAD 2019 user

Legend
Legend

Joris.

Do you have the text is it is filled with the IR/ER.
This allows for filling similar written ER's by others, making changes for changes higher.

P.S. we do need to keep in mind, we will get a RevMan 2.0 in ST9.

--------------------------------------------------
Marc Boom
marc.boom@outlook.com

Phenom
Phenom

I haven't and I can't see this.

Non-US clients need to do everything trough a VAR, so even to know what my own IR is, I need to contact our VAR.

...........................................................................................................

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Joris FYI, end customers, even those going through a VAR, should still be able to log into the GTAC site and search for all IRs filed for them by the VAR.

The trick when logged in the QTAC system is to clear/unselect the "Sold-to" field and in the "End User Sold to" field enter your customer sold-to id.

Phenom
Phenom

I tried it again but can't see a thing...

Genius
Genius

What would be nice is to be able to jump between RM and SE, whereby it would save and close the the application you are leaving, and give write access to the application you are going to, being able to toggle between the two applications seemlessly..

What is the purpose of VM, I've never really looked at it in 11 years of using SE?.