using custom property tables

Dear @Tushar sir

Dear all solid edge masters .

what is the use of properties table in part environment>tools>properties>(tables,  attach,query,and show) how can i use it ?and my humble request to mr imre szucs sir .. can you make video of using this commands?? And in which situation this commands will help me..

Thanks all of you..

12 REPLIES

Re: using custom property tables

Phenom
Phenom

Dear Vrushank:

The property table can contain custom information which can be attached to geometry such as faces, edges, and vertices. This is for sharing data for downstream applications for manufacturing, analysis, etc.

I use it for retrieving the information via the API where the user marks some faces/edges to be precessed with details and my program takes over from there and retrieves the information, like this:

'----------------------------------------------------------------------
' Highlight all topologies which have a specific property value attached
'----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dim objDoc As SolidEdgePart.PartDocument = objApp.ActiveDocument
Dim objResult As SolidEdgeFramework.SEGenericCollection = objDoc.QueryByProperty(PropertyTableConstants.seCustomPropertyQueryByNameAndValue, _
  "Tushar", 1, "MateFace", SolidEdgePart.PropertyTypeConstants.sePropertyTypeInteger, 0)
Dim nObj As Integer = objResult.Count
For Each objTable As SolidEdgePart.AttachedPropertyTable In objResult
  Dim arrAttachments As Array = Array.CreateInstance(GetType(Object), 0)  ' Create an empty Object array
  objTable.AttachedTo(arrAttachments)
  Dim objHLSet As SolidEdgeFramework.HighlightSet = objDoc.HighlightSets.Add()
  For Each objObj In arrAttachments
    objHLSet.AddItem(objObj)
  Next
  objHLSet.Draw()
  MsgBox("The found geometry is now highlighted. Hit OK to remove highlight.")
  objHLSet.Delete()
Next

I have shared the programming side of it and think @Imics will be able to do more justice to the video part Smiley Happy

~Tushar

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Vrushank_Patel, Great question!

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

Here are the basics as I use them.

There are already established fields for storing common data

Typically:

Document Number = part number

Title = part name

I have only created a single cutom field I call Shape

I use shape for fame members to display the material being used in frame.

One example is: Angle 2x2x1/4 CS = shape

Then I have a  column called material in the parts list.

Whenever a piece of raw material is cut into a part, the material column shows either the gage of the sheet metal from the gage tabel or the shape of extruded shapes.

If the item is a stock part then nothing shows up in the material column of the parts list.

----I also have common custom variables. X, Y, Z, L and a few more that represent the size of things.

I have my parts list set up so that if the variable "L" is in a part, then that number shows up as a cut lengh in the parts list.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@12GAGE,

This is a little different than custom properties and variables as properties in parts and assemblies used in parts lists and reports. I'm not sure how or if I could use a property table and I've never thought about it, completely ignoring this part of the menu for years. Which makes it an interesting question to me.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

The ability to display and use variables is VERY limited for a perametric modeling program.

Here are the big ones that block most of what I want to do.

Cant place any variable into any table cell by call

Cant use a file name as a variable

Cant do any string math (Other than document name formula that can't be displayed in draft)

And here is what I really want: I want a single varible that is: Assy name + Part name + text string. So if the name of the assembly or part changes, so does the variable name. The text string is so I can have 100's of variables who's names are all a function of the assembly and part.

Then I could copy edit and combine model with no common variable names by simple changing the file name.

Phenom
Phenom

Custom property tables are similar to document custom properties except they are attached to Solid Edge entities and not the document itself.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

This is useful when you want to link properties to model without PMI or colors.

Here is a video, where I show how it works:

Hmmm, unfortunately you can not query these properties in assy or draft environment...

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Thanks a lot sir

Phenom
Phenom

Why would you link properties if you can't use the information in the product/results? Do you use exported files that contain the information?